Tuesday 9 October 2012

Top 25 Albums

If you're a music fan it's more than likely that from time to time you'll think about what your Desert Island Discs would be or your Top 10, 20 or whatever favourite songs, bands, albums, gigs. The other day my good friend Reza Mills posted a list of his 25 favourite albums of all time on Facebook so I thought I'd do the same. I quickly realised that I was going to miss out so many favourites that I decided to limit it to singers and bands who I have seen in concert, or in the case of Vivaldi, heard the piece in the concert hall.

So here is my Top 25 in alphabetical order. My favourite album of all time? I'll get back to you on that!

AC/DC - Back in Black
Big Country - The Buffalo Skinners
Cara Dillon - Cara Dillon
Crosby, Stills & Nash - CSN
Fairport Convention - What We Did On Our Holidays
Dick Gaughan - Live at the Trades Club
Stephane Grappelli - Just One of Those Things
Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking
Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible
John Mellencamp - Scarecrow
Queen - Sheer Heart Attack
Motorhead - Another Perfect Day
Iggy Pop - Brick By Brick
Michelle Shocked - Arkansas Traveller
Spearhead - Home
Colin Steele - The Journey Home
The Black Crowes - Amorica
The Damned - Strawberries
The Stranglers - The Raven
The Who - Live at the Isle of Wight Festival
Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous
Richard Thompson - The Old Kit Bag
Throwing Muses - Hunkpapa
Vivaldi - The Four Seasons
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres

No comments:

Post a Comment