Saturday 20 October 2012

New feature on the show

I'm trying out a new feature this week which I'm hoping will become a regular part of the show. As I record my shows at home I am unable to do interviews so I've come up with the idea of asking bands to record a few minutes introducing themselves and their music to you the listeners. It's up to them what they want to include but I can provide them with some sample questions.

My guinea pigs for this are the band Jaywalkers. Two members of the band have recorded five minutes' worth which will go out on this Monday's show along with two tracks from their new album.

I sent some typical interview questions to get them started like


- how did you meet?
- how long has the band been together?
- what are your musical (and other) influences?
- what are your plans for the next couple of months? Any live dates?

So along with the Jaywalkers feature on this bluegrass edition of the show
there will also be tracks by The Carrivick Sisters, Hayseed Dixie, Seasick Steve, Gillian Welch and Angie Palmer.

 

The Folk & Acoustic Music Show
Mondays at 9pm on acoustic-spectrum.co.uk
Listen to previous shows at mixcloud.com/cmbertram

No comments:

Post a Comment