Thursday 16 July 2020

Judy Dyble tribute show

This week's show is my tribute to the singer and founder member of Fairport Convention who died on the 12th of July following a long illness. Although I never met her I, along with I'm sure many others, will have felt they knew her through her involvement with the Fairport message board Talkawhile. 

She sent me a couple of lovely messages when I first started presenting my folk music radio show on Diversity FM in 2008. Ironically one of her last postings on Talkawhile was about the death of Stranglers' keyboard player Dave Greenfield, both of them passing at the age of 71. 

You can listen to the show on Mixcloud

Judy Dyble - Neverknowing
Fairport Convention - Chelsea Morning
Giles, Giles & Fripp - Under The Sky
Trader Horne - Down and Out Blues
Judy Dyble - Better Side of Me
Fairport Convention - Both Sides Now (live)
Stephen Stills & Judy Collins - Girl From The North Country
Leonard Cohen - Suzanne
Joni Mitchell - The Last Time I Saw Richard
Richard Thompson - I Ain't Marching Anymore
Fairport Convention - Time Will Show The Wiser (live)
Fairport Convention - One Sure Thing (live)
Judy Dyble - Head Full of Stars
Judy Dyble - Letters
Judy Dyble - Talking With Strangers

No comments:

Post a Comment