Friday 1 November 2019

Music Link mix 3 November

As you can see from the playlist, each song title shares a word or two with the following song title. I got the idea from a show on Diversity FM by a presenter called Janet though I think there was more to her show than this simple sort of link. If memory serves me right she would link up the first and last track on each show which was pretty impressive. But the good thing about this approach is that lets me select tracks which I might not have otherwise thought of and I can stray off the folk \ singer-songwriter genres that I normally feature. So this is perhaps more what a show called Off The Beaten Tracks should really be about. And it makes it more interesting for me as well!

Equation - Cross The River

Geoff Lakeman - A Wide, Wide River To Cross
The Bad Shepherds -  Whole Wide World/Hag With The Monkey
Karine Polwart - Women of the World
Cam Penner - Gypsy Women
The Coral - Talkin' Gypsy Market Blues
Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee - Back Home Blues
Richard & Linda Thompson - A Heart Needs A Home (live)
Kami Thompson - Why You Wanna Break My Heart
Blind Boys of Alabama - Just Wanna See His Face
Bert Jansch - First Time Ever I Saw You Face
Crosby, Stills & Nash - Might As Well Have a Good Time
Edgelarks - The Good Earth
Kate Bush - Hello Earth
Danny Schmidt - Soon The Earth Will Swallow

Check out this and other shows and mixes at https://www.mixcloud.com/cmbertram/ and 

https://www.mixcloud.com/GingerfeatherFM/

Tune in to Ginger Feather FM on Sundays from 4pm 
http://gingerfeatherfm.listen2myshow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment