Friday 27 January 2012

This week's listening \ book project

Here are this week's ten albums which have had a spin in the cd player during the last seven days. I've been listening to a fair few Scottish artists as it was Burns Night on Wednesday. I'm off to a Burns Supper tomorrow here in Lancaster where I'm providing some background music and clips for a music quiz.

On next Tuesday's show there'll be tracks by John Rigby, Emily Smith and King Creosote & Jon Hopkins.

Buddy Guy - Feels Like Rain
Ahmad Jamal - Nature
Suzanna & The Magical Orchestra - Melody Mountain
John Rigby - Theirs, Mine, Yours, Ours
Richard Thompson - Strict Tempo
Eddi Reader - Sings the Songs of Robert Burns
Dick Gaughan - Live at the Trades Club
Emily Smith - Traivellers Joy
Kris Drever - Black Water
King Creosote & Jon Hopkins - Diamond Mine

I should also mention that I hope to get my first book published sometime this year. It has the working title of "Drum Solos, Bottle and Bands" and is an account of some of the 500+ concerts I went to between 1981 and 2011. I've never attempted to write anything like this before but a publishing services company in Cumbria has shown an interest in it. There will be a web site to go along with it and I will be blogging updates as and when there are any developments.

"Off The Beaten Tracks" on Diversity FM
Tuesday at 9pm, repeated Sunday at 4pm
103.5 FM in the Lancaster & Morecambe area
Listen online at diversityfm.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment