I'd already got this show recorded before I heard of Dolly Parton's passing so will play a song or two on the next show. I'm not much of a country music fan but she released three bluegrass-influenced records in the early 2000s, the second of which - Little Sparrow - has some great songs on it with guests such as Alison Krauss and Jerry Douglas.
But my latest show mainly has music from this side of the pond with two tracks from Findlay Napier's latest album Outsider. Listen now on Mixcloud or from Monday on Ginger Feather FM.
Billy Bragg & Wilco - Walt Whitman's Niece
Patsy Matheson - No Angel
Findlay Napier - Outsider
Reg Meuross - I Am The House
Alice Allen & Patsy Reid - Lady Isabella Wemyss’ Strathspey/Miss Ross’ Strathspey/Elgin/Easter Elchies
Equation - Cross The River
Damien O'Kane - All Among The Barley
Kris Drever - Every Time
GNOSS - Vore Tullye
Darwin Song Project feat Jez Lowe - Jemmy Button
Iona Lane - Curlew
Belshazzar's Feast - Sussex Cotillion & Italian Concerto (Live)
Moll Baxter - 4 o'clock
Findlay Napier - Hey There Stranger
No comments:
Post a Comment