Monday 30 August 2021

Charlie Watts tribute show

A few of my favourite Rolling Stones songs on this week's show in memory of Mr Charlie Watts, drummer extraordinaire with the Stones since before I was born. Although I've only seen them live once and never saw Charlie with his jazz band I still felt much grief at the news of his passing. I guess it comes down to having listened to his drumming on various Stones records over the years - you develop some kind of emotional bond with these musicians. Anyway, I shed a few tears and have raised a glass to him. 
Cheers Charlie, thanks for the music. 

Listen on Mixcloud or on Ginger Feather FM on the link below. 

Rolling Stones - Angie 
Davy Graham - Sally Free and Easy 
Richard Thompson - Easy There Steady Now 
Rolling Stones - Miss You 
Kate Rusby - Carolina In My Mind 
Buddy Guy & Junior Wells - When You See The Tears in my Eyes *
Rolling Stones - Paint It Black 
The Scaffold - Buttons of your Mind 
Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now 
Nick Drake - Free Ride 
Rolling Stones - Wild Horses 
The Beatles - Don't Pass Me By 
Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter

* with Bill Wyman on bass

Listen to Off The Beaten Tracks
Every Monday to Sunday at 10am, 3pm and 8pm

No comments:

Post a Comment