Wednesday 27 May 2020

Jazz mix for John Cumming

I've put together a mix featuring at least one artist I know John worked with, namely Robert Glasper, the rest being some of my own favourite jazz artists and a new discovery - Malcolm Strachan, trumpeter with the Haggis Horns.

Unlike John, I am not very knowledgeable about these people - I just like the music - so I have done a mix rather than a radio show. The most recent track is by Malcolm Strachan from his new release, About Time.


Horace Silver - Cryin' and Sighin'
Cannonball Adderley - Still Talkin' To Ya
Kenny Burrell - Scotch Blues
Dave Milligan - One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)
Scottish Guitar Quartet - After Hours
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - A Little Busy
Abdullah Ibrahim - Just A Song
Robert Glasper - Stella By Starlight
Thelonius Monk - Misterioso
Malcolm Strachan - Aline
Colin Steele Quintet - Goodnight John Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment